Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.fitdeal.co.za. and we’re a division of Dis-Chem Pharmacies, Sports and Health Category.
• Dis-Chem customers may opt-out of any direct marketing received from Dis-Chem should he/she so elect, by notifying Dis-Chem thereof in writing to email@example.com, alternatively, telephonically via Dis-Chem Customer Careline on 0860 347 243 or via the opt-out instructions in the various communication channels. Please note it may take up to one month for your profile to be updated.
• Your privacy is very important to us and therefore any information that you upload on our website will be stored on a secure server. Our secure server encrypts your identity number and payment card details in order to minimize the risk of unauthorised disclosure or interception. Our website makes use of ‘cookies’ which collect data about the device that you use to access our website. The cookies minimize the possibility of unauthorised access to, and disclosure of, your personal information. We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to third parties without your consent unless we are compelled to do so by law.
• Whilst all reasonable efforts are taken to ensure that your personal information and/or credit card details are protected as they travel over the internet, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you exchange with us.
• You may visit the website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP address of your computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. Dis-Chem uses this information to determine the use of the website, and to improve the content thereon.
• The payment pages that Dis-Chem will use are hosted in a PCI-DSS secure DMZ. It is protected as prescribed by the PCI-DSS standards version 2.
• The transport of all data is encrypted by a SSL Thawte certificate which creates a secure https:// link between the cardholder and the payment pages.
• Any credit card would be asked for 3D secure enrolment if not already enrolled with the issuer to process transactions with authentication from the cardholder issuing bank.
• No card entry would be possible on the Dis-Chem web shopping cart as all card traffic will be securely posted to the payment pages.
• No credit card data will be stored.
• No unauthorized access to the payment pages site will be permitted. Only Dis-Chem as a known entity will be allowed to direct encrypted payloads to the Payment pages.
Accuracy of website content, prices, product descriptions and images:
- All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the information on our website, social media channels and email marketing is accurate and up-to-date. We do not, however, warrant that the content or information displayed is always accurate, complete and/or current. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)
- Dis-Chem reserves the right to limit the quantities of any item offered for sale on the Dis-Chem Online Store.
- Sale products may vary from photographs.
- Offers may not be available at all stores including the Dis-Chem Online Store.\
- Any comments uploaded by our users or any authorised experts invited as our guests are their opinions alone and do not in any way represent our views, opinions, beliefs or values.
- We value your comments, ideas, suggestions and feedback (“your Comments”) via our website. We will not compensate you in any way whatsoever for your Comments. Once received, your Comments will become our property and we will not be limited in any way in the use, commercial or otherwise, of any of your Comments.
- You warrant that your Comments do not and will not violate the right(s) of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or any other personal or proprietary right. You agree not to disclose, submit or offer any Comments that are or contain any defamatory, unlawful, abusive or obscene material. We disclaim any liability towards any third party regarding your Comments and you shall remain accountable towards any third party regarding any harm caused by your Comments.
- All rights, including copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights embodied in any logos, text, images, video, audio or other material on this website are owned by or licensed to us. All data and information communicated to or from the website including its database also belongs solely to us or our licensors. You agree to sign all documents as we may reasonably require in order to assign any rights that you may acquire in the content of our website. You agree also to waive any moral rights in such content. You are permitted to view, print or store electronically a copy of any information on our website, including these Terms, solely for your personal, lawful, non-commercial use. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of our intellectual property rights.
Use of our logos, content and images:
- You are not permitted to use the content of our website, our logos or any product or other images that appear on our website without our prior written consent. Unauthorised use, reproduction, modification and/or distribution is strictly prohibited and constitutes an infringement of our or our licensors’ intellectual property rights.
Advertising and other promotional material of third parties may appear on our website from time to time. We do not endorse such third parties or their products and/or services. Your reliance on any information contained in such material is entirely at your own risk.
Disclaimers and Exclusions of Liability:
- Use of our website is entirely at your own risk. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. We do not warrant that the functions provided by the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or other harmful components. We accept no liability, to the extent permitted by law, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused arising from the access or use of our website or the purchase of any of our products or services.
- You agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify us against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred by reason of any act or omission on your part or that of any third party acting on your behalf in connection with your use of our website and/or your purchase of any products or services.
- In the event that any clause contained in these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, then such clause shall not affect the validity or enforceability insofar as the remaining clauses of these Terms are concerned.
- We shall not be regarded as having waived, or be precluded from exercising any right under these Terms by reason merely that we have provided any indulgence to you or we fail to exercise or delay exercising any right we may have, whether the same right or any other right.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.